Sunday 2 November 2014

Sweetness and Light


I thought that I had better give you an update.


Just in case anybody doesn't know what's going on with Fizz and myself let me explain.
Fizz's owner, Margaret, has gone away for the weekend and asked me to look after Fizz. Just as she was leaving, Margaret said to me, "Just  keep a close eye on her this time, I think she's coming into season."
Not being quite sure what that meant I looked it up on the internet and it said, "Your dog will be desperate for .. well, company. She will try and escape and other dogs will take an interest in her." Okay.
Actually I think that Margaret was mistaken, Fizz is being a little angel and not misbehaving at all. We are just avoiding public places where she might be led into temptation.
We had a lovely walk today. There was a cold wind but plenty of sunshine and Butterflies.

This  was nice to see in November. I chased this Red Admiral all over the place and took a lot of pictures. I will probably give it it's own post but for now here it is demonstrating it's perfect camouflage.

Now you see me...

OOh! Where's the butterfly gone?


Here is a pretty little mushroom. I don't know what it is. I know you are going to say Amethyst Deceiver but it is not. I am very familiar with that one. I think that this could be a Lilac Fibrecap but I didn't get the pictures that I wanted so I am going to leave it for now. I know where to find them and will pop back up there one morning after a bit of rain and see if I can get some more.

For now it is just pretty.


There were still plenty of flowers about. The wind made photographing them a bit difficult. I took lots of shots of the Herb Robert but it moved in most of them.



Herb Robert is one of those flowers that I expect to see pretty well all winter. You always get the odd flower that opens out of season and there is just so much of this around that I can almost guarantee to find at least one on any day of the year. Red Campion is the same, very prolific.

Now for another fungi. A lovely find but I don't know what this one is either. The difference is that I have a lot of good quality photographs of this one. If it is possible to ID it from a photograph then I should be able to do so and it will have it's own post. I am holding back for now.


Okay, let's get dirty. That is what we really came out for.



No, you can be muddier than that.



Isn't she sweet?


I think that we need deeper puddles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment